Yes we said Coffee Jelly. Haven’t heard of it yet? You’re gonna love it. Made throughout Asia especially Japan, coffee jelly is a refreshing delicious addition to your iced coffee, ice cream and custardy desserts.
Bust out the coffee jelly and your friends will be amazed.
- 1/2 cup instant coffee (I used 4 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoon gelatin powder (I used 1 small packet of agar-agar)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- coffee creamier (optional)
- fresh milk (optional)
- Combine instant coffee, gelatin powder, sugar and water in a saucepan. Let boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until completely dissolved.
- Transfer mixture into cups or small dessert bowls. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Top jelly with some whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce just before serving.
- I just added coffee creamier and cut some into cubes and added to cold fresh milk.
1. Serve it with sweet cream and almonds
Image credit: LizTheChef
2. Make an espresso pudding that is to die for
Image credit: CaucasianCurry.blogspot.com
3. Add it to your cold brew coffee for a flavor boost
Image credit: Storyofapantry.wordpress.com
4. Prepare it in a highball glass and top with whipped cream and mint
5. Eat it plain and delicious out of a jelly mold
6. Add Kahlua and Condensed Milk. Shape in a Jello Mold