You’ll love this JavaLush master recipe for delicious coffee- and spice- rubbed steak.
It’s quick and delicious.
And you won’t be tired afterwards because you had some coffee!
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee or finely-ground coffee powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper 11/2 pounds sirloin steak, about 11/4 inch thick
Here’s what the spice rub looks like
Photo credit: ourordinarylife.com
- Heat the grill to a medium flame then oil grill, or if cooking indoors heat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, coffee powder, ginger, sugar, salt, and pepper. Rub the steak all over with the mixture so it is well coated.
- Cook the steak for 7 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare, then allow it to sit for about
- 5 minutes before slicing and serving.