You’ll be amazed by all the health and performance benefits of coffee. And it’s not just from caffeine, it’s from coffee specifically which has hundreds of unique chemical compounds that might be adding to your health, productivity, and mood.
Grab a cup of coffee and read on
1. Your risk of Type II Diabetes decreases by 50% or more if you drink 4 cups a day according to a recent scientific study.
Each additional cup lowers your risk by 7%. Whether you can sleep after all that coffee is another story.
2. Coffee may protect you against cancer.
A 20-year study by Harvard Medical School concluded that women drinking 3 or more cups a day are significantly less likely to contract skin cancer – which makes this drink not only a day-changer but also a potential life-saver.
3. Caffeine in coffee can help you lose weight
Because studies show that it increases the burning of fat by as much as 10% in obese individuals and 29% in lean people
4. Caffeine Dramatically Improves Your Athletic Performance
Studies have found that caffeine in coffee increases your muscular endurance by an average 11-12%. That’s because the caffeine in coffee release adrenaline into the bloodstream which increase the release and metabolism of fatty acids (see studies here and 1here).
5. You’re getting essential nutrients
A single cup of coffee contains vital nutrients your body needs including:
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): 11% of the RDA.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5): 6% of the RDA.
- Manganese and Potassium: 3% of the RDA.
- Magnesium and Niacin (B3): 2% of the RDA.
The more you drink the more nutrients you get!
6. Coffee May Protect You From Alzheimers
That’s the #1 degenerative neurological disease for people over 65. Several studies show that coffee drinkers have up to a 65% lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease (here, here, here).
So drink up!
7. Caffeine May Reduce Your Risk of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s Disease is the second most common neuro-degenerative disease after Alzheimer’s. And several studies shows that regular coffee drinkers have a 32-60% lower risk of developing Parkinson’s Disease that non-drinkers. So drink up!
8. Caffeine Makes You WAY More Productive
Studies show a 15-20% boost in productivity during the 3 hour period following a dose of caffeine equivalent to 1 cup of coffee. No wonder coffee is free in the office.
9. Caffeine Makes You Happier and May Fight Depression
In a Harvard study published in 2011, women who drank 4 or more cups per day had a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed.
Another study with 208,424 individuals found that those who drank 4 or more cups per day were 53% less likely to commit suicide (43).
Keep drinking that coffee!
10. Caffeine Drinkers Have A Much Lower Risk of Liver Cirrhosis
In several studies, people who drink 4 or more cups of coffee per day have up to an 80% lower risk of cirrhosis (study here, here and here). Maybe that’s because if you’re drinking coffee you’re not drinking alcohol….
11. Coffee Drinkers Have A Lower Risk of Several Types of Cancer
12. Drink Coffee and Live Longer
In two very large studies, drinking coffee was associated with a 20% lower risk of death in men and a 26% lower risk of death in women, over a period of 18-24 years. In another study, type II diabetics diabetics who drank coffee had a massive 30% lower risk of death during a 20 year study period.
13. Coffee May be Your Largest Source of Antioxidants
Studies show that coffee is a larger source of antioxidants than all fruits and vegetables in the western diet, combined (see studies here, here, here) Fight off those free radicals with one of the healthiest drinks on the planet!
14. Caffeine Improves Your Memory
A research team at Johns Hopkins University found that if subjects took 200mg of caffeine just after they had learned something new, then the next day they were much more likely to remember what they had learned.
15. Drinking coffee makes you more sociable
And who doesn’t want that? One of the chemicals in coffee, Theobromine, reduces inhibitions and as a result makes you chattier and more social. The study’s here
16. Caffeine improves your concentratation and focus for up to 3 hours
Don’t take our word for it. There are numerous medical studies showing the increased alertness, focus and concentration of coffee drinkers for up to 3 hours after you’ve taken your daily drink of coffee.
17. Caffeine lifts your mood within as little as 5 minutes
By the time you read the next article on JavaLush you could be in a happier mood thanks to coffee
So there’s all the reasons you need to get up and pour another cup of delicious coffee. You’ll be more productive, a better athlete, and have a lower risk of a host of diseases….so drink up!